Pages

A Perfect Pairing - Liverpool Tunic + Twilight Pond

Thursday, September 23, 2010

We got in some amazing patterns last week and almost immediately my mind started racing with all the pattern + fabric combinations. I may have temporarily overloaded my circuits a bit. Which apparently isn't that hard to do these days. LOL

The pattern that caught my eye first was Amy Butler's the "Liverpool" tunic. How amazing would this be made using Pat Bravo's Twilight Pond from the Paradise collection? {swoon}


With a fabric in mind, the next major decision is which version of the pattern to use. Oh boy ... how to decide between the shirt, tunic, short dress or long dress?!

The tunic length would be great with jeans which I wear often but maybe a bit too often. Or I could go with the short dress and wear it over a pair of leggings but then I'd actually have to buy leggings and I have avoided that trend so far .. would definitely need some coaxing for this look. The long dress would be great but I tend to keep my exceptionally pale legs covered. Hmmm ... such decisions. Do I stay within my comfort zone and go with the tunic over jeans or do I venture out a little and go with the leggings or heaven-forbid the long dress and show some leg?! Help please!!

Photobucket

PS. Don't forget to enter the Belle Sol Bebe giveaway we've got going on right now. You get to pick the bonnet you'd like or I bet we could even work out something with Nicole to where you could choose from any of our fabrics and make a custom bonnet. That would be cool!

1 comments:

Birdcage Cards said...

First off - LOVE that fabric. Secondly, I'd say go the tunic and jeans route. That way you're guaranteed that all your hard work won't be in vain. For me, Every time I buy an item of clothing that's out of my comfort zone it gets worn like twice - then back to the far reaches of my closet it goes, lol! Good luck and let me know which you go with. Would love to see some pics! :)
-Kate

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails